Friday, January 2, 2009

December Part 2

We will start part 2 of with a picture that should have been added to a previous post, but somehow didn't attach. It is me in the chair Marcos declared martial law from.




5) CHRISTmas eve was spend in midnight mass - which I have to say is something I can see myself doing more frequently as I think it is a good way to start the day we remember our Lord’s birth. Sometimes when I wake up on CHRISTmas morning it seems like just any other morning. Aka messed up hair, plugged up sinuses, in dire need of a toothbrush and not really realizing what is going on for the first little while therefore starting it intentionally even the night before is something I can see great value in.

4)Had a new year’s lunch at the Lamigos as part of my personal retreat to spend some time pondering the ups and downs of the past year and to look ahead to the upcoming year. So often, and especially the past year, one thing just happens after the other and I spend very little time processing it. The past year was a very tough one for me and at the same time there have been some good blessings that have come along the way.

3)Please pray for my health and my spiritual wellbeing. Sometimes amidst the many blessings coming my way I might lose sight of the fact that my body does not work as well as that of most people, but reality is that I still possess a weak body. It made me miss a two-day training during the holidays which I would have loved to attend since it was with youth leaders. Sometimes it still gets me down and I think a good Spiritual basis will continue to help me through the rougher patches. So prayers will continue to be acceptedJ

2)In some very unexpected news, my mum got a letter in the mail from SOAS which stated that I had graduated for my Masters in Human Rights Law with merit. Anyone that knows a little of my struggles over the last year and the lack of time with which I was faced for the writing of my thesis during the summer will be able to understand both my surprise and my thankfulness.

1)There is an official date for Ed’s and Mum’s wedding: July 4th-2009. Needless to say, I am very very thankful and joyful for both of them and for all of us children, family and friends. Please if you are around Ontario during that time and feel moved by the spirit to come and enjoy the gift of marriage with us let me know.

Ps1 For some of you this is not optional. You better be there.

Ps2. I am not too sure how my mum feels about me extending invitations to everyoneJ - but I am sure you are more than welcome

Hope this finds you all having had a joyful and restful holiday season.

Here are some more pics as well

Let me start by introducing some people.


The guy on the right would still be me. The man in the middle is my Boss Mr. Lamigo. And for some of you the cool thing to know would be that the lady in between us is actually Huoy's mother.

The Lady on the left is Carol and she works with CRWRC. The lady on the right is Vylma and she works with CRWM and helped me with my Visa...so that I am actually legal to stay here.


The picture here is the modern day national hero Manny Pacquiao. I watched him whoop De la Hoya's buttocks together with Pow in one of the cinema's. Every cinema showed the fight it was pretty darn sweet.


One more picture already from the CHRISTmas trip. This is from a wedding that we attended. I loved how the whole community got to share in the wedding-although yeah I would probably file for bankruptcy before my wedding if I had to feed this many people.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeff, thanks so much for sharing your life with us:-) it's true when they say at times that we don't know how much we impact others. it's very true in your case - your faith and general outlook on life and God has always been a blessing and a challenge to me. thanks esp. for point 5 and 4 on this one. i'll be keeping you in my prayers. much love, ny

Unknown said...

oh and congrats on the news! God has a way of surprising as at times eh? it's not by might...:-)

leesh said...

sounds like you're doing wonderfully well and I didn't know you were there with andrew. tell him hello.

many blessings friend!

Anonymous said...

as promissed I will still email you, but it's good to SEE what you've been up to lately.

Pleas ekeep us posted

Love Jeroen

Unknown said...

Nice post chale. As I looked at the picture, its amazing how 6 years ago that image would have just been a mix of random people but now its actually people i'm connected to. God is good. I missed the fight but a Philipino guy i work with was pretty excited about it as well. Hey but the thing about getting married...people support..so don't use that as an excuse lol be easy bro

Maree Ness said...

hey! nice work mr Masters with merit!